I am pleased to inform you that the New Horizons for Seniors Program is accepting applications for Community-based projects from May 8, 2012 until June 29, 2012.
Eligible applicants can receive up to $25,000 per year in grant funding and must address one or more of the program's five objectives:
* promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
* engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
* expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
* supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
* providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
Details about the Program, including funding priorities, application forms and funding guides are available on the Web site: www.hrsdc.gc.ca/seniors
Service Canada will be hosting Information Sessions about the New Horizons for Seniors Program. Please see the attached invitation for details about sessions offered in Central Alberta.
Senior Development Officer
Red Deer, Alberta
Phone: (403) 341-7109 Fax: (403) 341-7105