Navigating workplace situations requires forethought and the right approach. Accountemps offers five tips:
1. Plan your route. A 20-page to-do list would scare anyone and is a
recipe for mistakes on the job. To ease workload-related worries --
and be more efficient -- prioritise your responsibilities, and
delegate when possible.
2. Ask for directions. When facing a challenging project or new
responsibilities, make sure you know what is expected of you. If you
have concerns, let your manager know, and work with him or her to
develop a strategy for overcoming them.
3. Bring a friend. Don't be afraid to tap a mentor for advice on a
particularly devilish challenge. When preparing a critical project or
communication, ask a confidant for his or her feedback.
4. Say "thanks." Whether it's for candy or help with a difficult task, a
sincere thank-you can go a long way toward building strong business
5. Give out treats. Volunteer to assist overburdened colleagues, and be
quick with praise for those who deliver outstanding work. You'll make
people -- including yourself -- feel good and foster an environment
where colleagues help each other on a regular basis.