McKesson Foundation launches its 2013 Canadian Regional Grants Program MONTREAL, September 28, 2012 – The McKesson Foundation today announced the launch of its 2013 Regional Grants Program, a Canada-wide campaign that each year provides financial assistance to non-profit organizations whose mission is to assist children and youth in the areas of health, education and poverty.
McKesson Canada would like to encourage the submission of grant applications for one-time specific projects or programs. The Canadian Regional Grants Program typically awards grants that range in size from $2,500 to $25,000. The McKesson Foundation is operating from the United States and grants are paid in US dollars.
- Grant applications will be accepted from: September 28 to October 31, 2012
- Selection announcements: Spring 2013
- All grant applications must be submitted online at: McKesson Foundation
- For more information on the Regional Grants Program, please visit the link above.
McKesson Canada cares about the communities in which it operates and is deeply committed to building healthier and stronger communities by making a difference in the lives of children, youth and their families. The Canadian Regional Grants Program awarded close to $250,000 to charities in 2012.
The McKesson Foundation wishes to congratulate the following 2012 Regional Grant Recipients:
- Calgary Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA of Calgary) ($24,050) – Alberta
- Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc. ($25,000) – Manitoba
- Cerebral Palsy Association in Alberta ($25,000) – Alberta
- Created 4 Me Early Learning Center Inc. ($6,000) – Manitoba
- Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre ($8,200) – Ontario
- Family Services of Greater Vancouver ($7,500) – British Columbia
- Halifax Developmental Centre for Early Learning ($17,000) – Nova Scotia
- Halton Food for Thought ($15,000) – Ontario
- Kids Help Phone ($21,245) – Ontario
- On Rock Ministries Inc. ($11,000) – Québec
- Pathways for Children, Youth and Families of York Region ($19,900) – Ontario
- Peter Hall School Foundation ($25,000) – Québec
- The Canadian National Institute for the Blind ($20,000) – Newfoundland
- Yellow Brick House ($25,000) – Ontario
About the McKesson Foundation
Founded in 1943, the McKesson Foundation is an initiative of McKesson Corporation, based in San Francisco. It is envisions a world where affordable, quality health care is available to all.
About McKesson Canada
Founded more than 100 years ago, McKesson Canada is dedicated to delivering vital medicines, supplies and information technologies that enable the health care industry to provide patients with better, safer care. Our solutions empower pharmacies, manufacturers, hospitals and other health care institutions by enabling them to get closer to the millions of patients they serve every single day, while contributing to the quality and safety of care in Canada.
For further information:
Director, Corporate Communications
Read more at http://www.mckesson.ca/en/about-us/presidents-office