We would like to draw your attention to the new IFLA programme for International Leadership. Applications are open to participants from all countries.
The International Leadership Programme is a two year Programme designed to increase the cohort of leaders who can effectively represent the wider library sector in the international arena, and to develop leaders within IFLA.
The Programme provides opportunities that IFLA is in the unique position to offer through our global role and reputation and our extensive and diverse framework of activities and expertise.
Through participating in the programme, you will:
Contribute to important issues impacting on the future of the library sector
* Gain experience in working at the international level
* Gain experience in working with organisations such as the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), UNESCO, the European Commission, the Internet Governance Forum
* Gain experience in the development of policy and position statements
* Develop your negotiating and intervention skills
* Develop your capacity to advocate and set political agendas,
* Build relationships and develop your networks internationally
* Build skills to have a broader impact as an advocate in your own library community
For full details about the programme, project descriptions, selection criteria and application form please visit: http://www.ifla.org/leadership
Applications close: 11 June 2012