· The SEEDS Foundation has been providing bias-balanced, curriculum-fit energy and environmental education programs for the last 30 years. SEEDS offers programs that are easy, fun and exciting while encouraging kids to be environmentally responsible and take personal action at school and with their families.
· For instance, the Green Schools Program has over 8,000 schools across Canada with over 1 million environmental actions taken by students.
To find out more about the SEEDS programs visit:www.seedsfoundation.ca
The Connections Education Society and SEEDS have partnered to offer the CONNECTIONS™ Program to schools across Alberta. With the support of Cenovus Energy, this unique program supports in-depth learning about diversity and leadership.
CONNECTIONS™ helps high school students develop understanding, awareness and action related to multiclultural and environmental issues that they face in their world. The objectives are to:
- Expand awareness of diversity issues and foster cross-cultural understanding;
- Work together to combat ethnocentrism, stereotyping, racism, prejudice, and discrimination;
- Initiate activities to affect positive change;
- Empower students to develop and utilize their personal leadership skills;
- Enhance understanding of multicultural and environmental concerns; and
- Connect with the natural environment.
The program includes three components: pre-trip online work and related activities, a four day residential experience, and post-trip online work and final project. This program aligns with several learning outcomes in the Career and Technology Studies (CTS) Program of Alberta Learning and allows students to obtain course credits upon completion.
Contact SEEDS to learn more about the program.
This program is made possible thanks to Cenovus Energy, our lead supporter.