Costas Menegakis, Parliamentary Secretary to Citizenship and Immigration Minister, recognized winners of the International Qualifications Network Awards (IQN) who devote their time to the successful integration of new Canadians. The IQN is an online, professional community where employers, regulatory bodies, governments, and organizations share best practices in foreign credential assessment and recognition. This model allows stakeholders to play a critical part in enhancing the foreign credential recognition processes through innovative and creative methods in connecting newcomers with all opportunities in Canadian economy and society.
PS Menegakis presented awards to individuals and organizations in the following categories:
· Workplace Integration: International Talent Acquisition Centre (In-TAC) Employment Division of the Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre (OCCSC).
· Innovation: College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia.
· Engagement: Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC).
· Overseas assessment or pre-arrival preparation: Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists.
· Special Merit Award: College of Physical Therapists of Alberta.