Want to improve your workplace communication skills?
Free Occupation-specific Language Training for newcomers offers
- language training geared to your occupation.
- practical exercises based on actual workplace communications tasks.
- career-planning assistance.
- opportunities to connect with local employers, industries and resources.
Workplace Communication Skills for Child and Youth Worker
Participate in FREE work-oriented language training
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand human services workplaces in Ontario, including child-care centres and schools.
- interact clearly and effectively with colleagues, clients, supervisors and the public.
- network and connect with local employers, agencies and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in settings such as
- nursery schools.
- centre and home-based daycares.
- elementary schools.
- high schools.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in working with children and youth will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
This course is for you if
- you have training or experience in the following:
- early childhood education.
- child and youth work.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8 or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens of 6 to 8 for courses offered in French).
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or protected person.