Walmart – Evergreen Green Grants
Walmart–Evergreen Green Grants
Walmart Canada and Evergreen have partnered to offer this national program, funding community-based initiatives across Canada. Projects supported through the Green Grants program include, but are not limited to:
- Native planting initiatives
- Invasive species removal
- Community food gardens
- Youth-based and intergenerational projects
- Wildlife habitat restoration
- Aquatic stewardship projects
- Environmental workshops and educational events
- Community skills sharing workshops
- Projects serving underserved communities
Amount offered: up to $10,000 (up to 50% of project budget)
Application deadline: March 1, 2013, 5pm
Please note that applicants must submit both an electronic copy and a hard copy. Both copies must be received by our office by the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
Available to Canadian community groups and non-profit organizations working on community development and environmental initiatives such as those listed above.
- Eligible groups must be working collaboratively with a local municipality, institutional or other project partner(s).
- Projects must be located on publicly accessible lands.
- Previous grant recipients are welcome to apply again. There is no preference given to previously granted organizations and all applications will go through the same review process.
- Projects developed on land belonging to a public school board are only eligible for funding through the Toyota Evergreen Learning Grounds funding program.
Eligible expenses include:
- Native plant material (plants, trees, shrubs, wildflowers)
- Gardening supplies and tools and other building materials
- Educational and communication materials
- Volunteer expenses
- Health and safety supplies
- Wages, salaries, honoraria and professional consulting services (up to 20% of Green Grant funding requested)
For a full list of what's eligible and what's not, please see our Application Guide below.
How To Apply