2014 Immigration Levels Planning: Public and Stakeholder ConsultationCitizenship and Immigration Canada is consulting with stakeholders and the public on immigration levels planning.
We are seeking your feedback on immigration to Canada, specifically on the total number of new permanent residents Canada should welcome and how this overall total should be distributed among immigration categories. The consultation will explore a number of issues related to three main questions:
- What is the appropriate level of immigration for Canada, this year and beyond?
- What is the best ratio – or mix – between the number of economic immigrants, family class immigrants and the refugee/humanitarian class?
- Economic immigration is a key immigration goal for Canada's long-term economic growth. What role can immigration play to support Canada's economy?
In addition to this online consultation, Parliamentary Secretary Rick Dykstra will be meeting with stakeholders through roundtable meetings which will take place throughout the summer in various cities across Canada.
A report on the consultations will be available on this website by winter 2014.
- Read the background document: 2014 Immigration Levels Planning: Public and Stakeholder Consultations
- Complete the online questionnaire [Open from June 21 to August 31, 2013]