Vasquez specializes in Multi-cultural education and holds certifications in Early Childhood Handicapped, Mid-Management and Educational Diagnostician.
HELPFUL TIPSCulturally Proficient Teachers
- Teach with the intention of valuing diversity and pay attention to things that reflect diversity in your classroom.
- Observe your students behaviors
- Respect your students and encourage your students to respect you, and other students in the classroom.
- Continuously monitor your students’ progress. Organize and revise your instruction to help students become a community of learners who yearn for your teaching.
- Think about ways that you can learn more about your students: whether they prefer to work alone, in groups, have more assistance from you, peer assistance, and etc.
- How will you obtain this information? – You can use questionnaires, talk to them, actively observe them, and via a variety of other activities.